Come grow with us...
Support for locally-grown flowers in Charleston is strong and business is booming. We accept applications on a rotating basis. We know a good employee when we've found one, so we'll do everything possible to keep them. Join us as we provide flowers to florists, businesses, and the Charleston community!
- Job duties can include weeding, bed prep, planting, harvesting, and market bouquet construction.
- Hours may vary depending on your needs or the farm's. You must adhere to a regular schedule, but we are very flexible.
You do NOT need farming experience, but you MUST:
- Be a hard worker with a strong work ethic.
- Be able to work early in the morning for summer harvesting.
- Follow instructions well.
- Be patient with tedious tasks.
- Work efficiently and effectively to complete assigned projects.
- Understand that this is manual labor and can be difficult in certain weather conditions (think about working outside in the summer in the Lowcountry or preparing fields for approaching winter storms).
It would be HELPFUL if you fit the following:
- You have some background in horticulture, landscaping, etc., particularly if you can differentiate between desired plants and weeds.
- You can work independently.
- You know how to operate basic landscaping equipment (tiller, string trimmer, etc.) and gardening tools.
- You can lift 50 pounds.
- Willing to learn new tasks and adaptable to change
(NOTE: None of these things are deal-breakers. If you work here for any length of time, you will eventually develop these things, and I am more than willing to train the right person.)
Pay is dependent upon qualifications. Raises are awarded when warranted, not on a set schedule. We like to reward experience, efficiency, and performance.
Finally--there is no one "type" of person who is the right fit for us. We celebrate diversity and strive to create an inclusive environment for everyone.
If you have an interest in growing vegetables and flowers and think you'd be a good fit for Feast & Flora, send a note to firstname.lastname@example.org.