Come grow with us...
Support for locally-grown flowers in Charleston is strong and business is booming. Join us as we provide flowers to florists, businesses, and the Charleston community!
- Job duties include weeding, bed prep, planting, harvesting, and market bouquet construction.
- 20-25 hours per week right now with potential for more for the right individual. This position is intended to be permanent, not seasonal.
You do NOT need farming experience, but you MUST:
- Be a hard worker with a strong work ethic.
- Be able to work early in the morning for summer harvesting.
- Follow instructions well.
- Be patient with tedious tasks.
- Work efficiently and effectively to complete assigned projects.
- Understand that this is manual labor and can be difficult in certain weather conditions (think about working outside in the summer in the Lowcountry or preparing fields for approaching winter storms).
It would be HELPFUL if you fit the following:
- You have some background in horticulture, landscaping, etc., particularly if you can differentiate between desired plants and weeds.
- You can work independently.
- You know how to operate basic landscaping equipment (tiller, string trimmer, etc.) and gardening tools.
- You can lift 50 pounds.
- Willing to learn new tasks and adaptable to change
(NOTE: None of these things are deal-breakers. If you work here for any length of time, you will eventually develop these things, and I am more than willing to train the right person.)
Pay is $10-12/hour depending on qualifications with the possibility for more depending on experience, efficiency, and performance.
Perks also include a flexible schedule, food share, and potential for raises with good performance.
Finally--there is no one "type" of person who is the right fit for us. We celebrate diversity and strive to create an inclusive environment for everyone.
If you have an interest in growing vegetables and flowers and think you'd be a good fit for Feast & Flora, send a note to firstname.lastname@example.org. This position is open until filled, and though we'd like someone yesterday, we're willing to wait for the right person.