COME GROW WITH US!
Do you have a passion for sustainable agriculture, working with your hands, beautiful blooms, or floral design? Then you might be the right fit for our farming internship!
A Little Bit About Us
We are a small cut flower farm by the marshes of the South Carolina Lowcountry in Meggett. We grow sustainably using organic methods on our farm because we believe it is our duty to take care of the Earth and steward what we’ve been given.
We provide locally grown flowers to friends, family and the Charleston community through:
• Weekly bouquet subscriptions
• Wedding and event florals
• DIY parties
Our Ideal F&F Intern Will…
• Be a hard worker with a strong work ethic.
• Be able to work early in the morning for summer harvesting.
• Bring some creativity to the table with ideas on additional projects, increasing efficiency, new design takes or other markets we could be reaching.
• Follow instructions well.
• Be patient with tedious tasks.
• Work efficiently and effectively to complete assigned projects.
• Understand that this is manual labor and can be difficult in certain weather conditions (think about working outside in the summer in the Lowcountry or preparing fields for approaching winter storms).
The work we do is both exciting and beautiful because it can look different every single day as the field constantly changes and evolves with the seasons. A few things that you can expect to be regularly doing throughout your work with us are:
• Bed prep
• Market bouquet construction
However, we believe where the real magic in this internship lies is in the knowledge that you will gain on HOW and WHY we do all of the above in a sustainable, organic, creative and efficient way. Upon completion of this internship we hope to impart to you:
• Floral design knowledge, including flower market trends and intricate floral arrangements
• Getting your own start on growing cut flowers from seed to bouquet
• The importance of buying/sourcing local and sustainable
• How to cultivate relationships with and care for other growers in your community
• And much, much more!
Pay, Benefits, Schedules, and Application Process
Interns are paid $9/hour and are eligible for an employee food share.
Internships will be designed specifically for your available time and learning goals. Applications are accepted on a rolling basis, but internship hours are limited to March-December.
If interested in applying, please send an email to our Agricultural Manager,
Joy Carter, at firstname.lastname@example.org with your resume or a description of your professional background and/or work history. Please also include a letter of interest answering the following questions:
1. How would this internship help you accomplish your goals and dreams?
2. Why do you think you would be a good fit for the F&F team?
3. What do you enjoy doing in your free time?
We look forward to hearing from you!